Welcome to the world of the Peltier Effect: a scientific phenomenon where a temperature gradient is created when an electric current passes through two dissimilar metals. It’s this effect that makes it possible to reliably cool (and heat) devices efficiently, cost-effectively and in small spaces.
Since 1986, Tellurex has been at the forefront of commercial applications for the Peliter effect. We create thermoelectric solutions for devices where conventional, compressor-based refrigeration is impractical or not applicable. Our thermoelectric modules also work as high-efficiency heating elements.
Every Tellurex cooling and heating system is:
- Extremely scalable.
- Capable of precisely-controlled temperatures within + 0.1°C.
- Applicable to virtually any thermal challenge.
- RoHS Compliant, CFC-free.
WHEN THERMOELECTRIC COOLING IS THE ANSWER
- The target temperature is too precise for thermostatic temperature control.
- The amount of heat to be moved is smaller than what a compressor-based system is capable of due to size and efficiency.
- The environment calls for a system not sensitive to position or orientation.
- The object to be cooled is isolated.
- Small heat exchange systems are needed.
- Compact packaging is key.
- Rate of change in temperature of the target device is important.
- Cooling and heating is needed from the same device.
WHEN THERMOELECTRIC HEATING IS THE ANSWER
- The target temperature of the heater is less than solder-melting temperatures:
- Typically 138°C
- When special solders are used i.e. 260°C
- The system requires cooling and heating from the same component.
- A thermoelectric device is already present for cooling purposes.
- A strict, power budget requiring greater than 100% efficiency for heating.
Find out what else is possible. Email us.